REASONS TO SHOOT IN SOUTH AFRICA
We offer production services for television commercials, documentaries, feature films, music videos, and stills.
Whether you require research, conceptualising and writing, producing, production management and coordination, office infrastructure, accounting or production and post-produciton equipment and facilities – MMAP has it all!
SOUTH AFRICA IS WORLD CLASS IN EVERY WAY!
IT OFFERS PRIME LOCATIONS, MODERN INFRASTRUCTURE, SKILLED WORKFORCE , LOW OPERATIONAL COSTS, AN ABUNDANCE IN NATURAL RESOURCES, FANTASTIC TOURISM, ATTRACTIONS & RESTAURANTS.
• Value for money - Favourable exchange rate
• Location variety that can mirror anywhere in the world within 2 hours: Mountains, forests, beaches, deserts,
farms, cities, industrial, suburbs, sports, recreation etc.
• Worldclass English speaking crew
• Variety of top Sound Studios which include the Cape Town Film Studios
• Latest top equipment & Film gear at local rental houses
• Alternate seasons to the northern hemisphere
• Time zone is GMT+2, which is compatible with Europe
• Amazing light & Weather
• Rebates offered by the South African Department of Trade and Industry
• Co-production treaties with Canada, Australia, Germany, Ireland, Italy, United Kingdom, New Zealand and
• South Africa has a long history of film production and is therefore among the oldest film industries in the world.
There are two types of co-productions:
Co-production where the creative control is shared between local and foreign partners, and where there is a mix of local and foreign elements in the creative positions.
Co-production that encompasses a straightforward co-financing arrangement (finance only) in which one partner provides partial funding while another company undertakes the actual production.
To date South Africa has entered into four audiovisual co-production treaties with Canada (1997), Italy (2003), Germany (2004) and the United Kingdom (2007). South Africa will continue to enter into future co-production treaties with various countries for the benefit of the industry.
The effect of these agreements is that a film or television program, which is approved as an official co-production, is regarded as a national production of each of the co-producing countries, and is therefore eligible to apply for any benefits or programs of assistance available in either country. A second advantage of international co-productions is that each of the co-producers brings access to his/her domestic market.
Fore more info visit NFVF website
CANADIAN OFFICE CONTACT DETAILS
Mobile: +1 (587) 297-0835